Thursday, September 3, 2015

Paper goods projects

I've been in a crafty mood lately. I also got my hands on a copy of 'Paper Goods Projects' by Jodi Levine, and it's pretty neat.


It's a fabulous book for crafters , especially those with children. A lot of the projects seem to be things kids would like and the photos in the book feature children. Prefect for the family. I like the front cover of the book just as much as the back. They both show good examples of what you can make following the directions in the book. Plus it's colorful.

The book is well organized. There's the contents page up front , followed by an introduction and foreword. Then it put projects into a category based on what kind of supplies are used. Theses categories are the chapters. There is coffee filters and cupcake papers, paper bags paper plates and dollies, balloons, and recycling bin stuff. So lots of around the home and recycling going on. That's a plus for projects with me. At the black of the book there's a template section filled with all the templates you'll need to make the projects in the book. Then at the end is the index. Like I said it's neat and organized.

As someone who goes to multiple parties a year and like to be the one who brings the goodie bags and loves to decorate for everything this book makes me really look foward to next chance I can get at decorating and packing goodies. It has all kinds of projects that are decorative and they have projects for favor bags too!

I haven't made a lot of the projects featured in this book but I have made a few, the ones I have made were easy and used stuff commonly found in the home. And like I said before they include templates. Just scan and print. Or even trace if you're using thin paper (not recommend but easy!) it was simple , fun and easy. They don't really mention the family touch on the book's discription but let me tell you it certainly is for crafters for any level and those with kids. I've already made a few goodies for my nephew!

Overall it's a great book my only compliant is that they don't always show photos on what to do for various steps. They have plenty of text descriptions that are very detailed and I understood them but I'm usually not good with even simple text instructions. I prefer text and photos. But that's just my learning style ,everyone is different and the steps are pretty detailed. So I don't think there will be any trouble.


I got this book from Blogging for Books to read and review. So yes I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment